RNTC Invites Applications for Online Journalism e-learning Training
The Radio Netherland Training Center (RNTC) is inviting prospective candidates from all over the world to apply for its Online Journalism e-learning course, which provides knowledge and skills while promoting best practices in online journalism. The course will be taught online from March 4 to April 12, 2013.
The aim of the course is to strengthen journalists’ capabilities in both multimedia and online storytelling, while developing greater awareness among journalists of the changing environment in which they generally operate, with emphasis on technology, the economy and public expectations.
At the end of the course, participating journalists will be familiar with:
- How to find reliable online sources, recognize the consequences and requirements of online journalism, Content Management Systems, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), the importance of page ranking and different techniques for online writing
- The basics of photography and photo editing (e.g. with Photoshop or Picasa), picture uploading and slideshow production as well as of audio, writing text for audio, editing audio with Audacity, podcasting and streaming, producing sound slides and of video, news show, script writing, working with Adobe Premiere Pro, final editing and uploading.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of three years experience as a journalist working in or for media
- Have successfully completed secondary education, and professional education or training in media
- Used to working with computers and have good computer skills
- Have adequate speaking and writing skills in English (the course language)
- Submit a letter of motivation in English (150-250 words) explaining why they want to be admitted to the course
- Have access to the Internet and are able to install some free software, including
- Notepad++(http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) for text-editing of websites.
- Skype (http://www.skype.com) for video-conferencing
- Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net) for audio-editing
- A (trial) version of Adobe Premiere Pro for video-editing – the trial version is valid for one month after installation
- Basic browsing and document reading software(Google Chrome/ Mozilla Firefox and Acrobat Reader are recommended)
Certificates will be awarded at the end of the course. Please click here for further details and registration.